Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dead DVDR = > 1500 photos loss

Just bought a 3.5" HDD external casing, together with a 250GB HDD and starting to copy all my CDR and DVD previously stored. 'Most' of the disc are fine, but there is 1 DVD I cannot read again. Hell! I just loss >4GB worth of photos, all JPEG.... you guess how many photos are there? The concerned DVDR is less than 1 year old! I stored all disc in a translucent plastic box, and the dead CD was the outermost one in the box... maybe exposure to light kill a DVDR - I can actually see the de-coloring of the DVDR.

Very upset!

4 comments:

Frankie Chu said...

When you burn to CDs/DVDs, always make two copies, and store them separately.

Sonic said...

oh... sorry to hear that~~
but how came u got one copy only??

For me, I have 3 copies (includes the mater). 2 of them stored in 2 HD at home, burn a copy of DVD-R and placed at office.

Toby Chiu said...

Just finished all CDR / DVDR to harddisk. All disc including those CDR burnt in 1999 are ok. Guess it's the quality of the DVD.

Gone is gone. I will be more careful with the photos later... Harddisk is good idea: at least they can be saved to a certain extend.

Anonymous said...

Anyway, you've made the correct decision and bought a HD instead.