Thursday, July 19, 2007

Heart rate monitor interfered by hi-voltage power lines

When I first use my Casio heart-rate-monitor, I found it quite un-stable when I jog: it always discount itself, then re-connect when I jog.

When I tried more, I found that my HRM always discount at the same location everytime.... and that's when I was jogging close to the KCR railway line. Everytime when I was away from the railway line, the HRM worked just fine again.

I think the hi-voltage power lines of KCR interfered with the Casio. Does Polar have the problem?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way to confirm as we don't have hi-voltage power lines in this area. Perhaps the battery on your Casio chest belt is low? There is no knowing how long the battery has been in use since before you bought it from the shop.

Toby Chiu said...

James, you may visit me tonight, together your Polar, then we can confirm. :)

Anonymous said...

What, get filthy drunk and see who can stop the beat earlier? ^_^