Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Photo album for Shanghai and Harbin trip completed

Here it is!

One photo to summarize my feeling about Harbin:

Super fine weather, super blue sky. On my way back from Harbin to Shanghai, I have the luck to sit at a window seat. With thousands of miles of plain, the plane is flying relatively low. The weather is good and air is clean, and I can see the spectacular view of the rich land: the golden reflection of river delta against late afternoon sunlight; miles of farmland; solitary highway.... Too bad I put my camera in the luggage compartment ;-(

One photo about my feeling of Shanghai:

Modernize and western life style; against the fading tradition of Chinese culture. Distasteful mingle of west and east, and the defected Shanghai old-good-value. I was there 6 years ago, and was impressed by Shanghaiese's avocate of beauty and art: I can see people practice Chinese band and Chinese calliography at the parks, a lot of people going to the library, museum, and art center... . I don't see any of these in this trip; but the dismantling of old good traditional food avenue, the ugly Haagen Daze in Yue Yuen and the stupidly expensive-to-build Maglev Train. Maybe my half day walk was not enough. Anyway, Shanghai is still a very good city.

No comments: