Thursday, May 12, 2005

Spray it!



To make it more stealth for snap shots, I taped my FA*24/2 with black tapes. But there is a big problem with the silver color lens hood. It's just too attractive with the hood on, but the hood does offer a great protection for my lens. The contour shape of the lens hood make it difficult to apply black tape on it, and I am sure it won't last. Solution? I just use a dull black spray paint.

The result is great! May be I should also consider spraying the lens with paint as well!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Either spray the lens as well or buy Nikon. ^-*

Toby Chiu said...

I have to admit that, Nikon is better in st. doc. photos.

Frankie Chu said...

No good---the lens shade is too intimidating for StDoc, not because of the colour, but because of its size and shape.

Toby Chiu said...

The lens is too big. I am looking for a smaller size 24 or 20mm for quick snap. But they ain't cheap. For the cost of a 2nd hand lens, I can get a new point-n-shot DC.

Or perhaps I should consider Nikon....

Frankie Chu said...

Funny enough, I have a Nikon DSLR, and I keep thinking that the grass may be greener on the Pentax field.